> Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Dutch.
Square Louis XVI is home to the expiatory chapel, built in 1815 on the orders of Louis XVIII on the site of the old mass grave for the victims of the Revolution. In 1793, Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette, and other figures including Charlotte Corday or Olympe de Gouges, were buried there.
This neoclassical building located in the heart of Paris is dedicated to the memory of the royal family. Together with the Basilique de Saint-Denis, the Expiatory chapel is one of the memorial sites paying tribute to the French monarchy.
29, rue Pasquier, Paris 8e.
+33 (0)1 42 65 35 80
on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 05.1 to 09.30.
-18s and -26s (E.U residents) free